Police nabs suspect with N8.9 million fake currency in Nasarawa - NAIRALEAK

Latest LEAKS

Police nabs suspect with N8.9 million fake currency in Nasarawa

THE Nasarawa State Police Command has arrested and paraded one Wale Lawal who was in possession of N8.9 million fake currency in Lafia, the capital of the State. Speaking to journalists during the parade, the State Commissioner of Police, Abubakar Sadiq Bello, said the suspect is believed to belong to a syndicate group that specializes in distribution of counterfeit drug currency across the country. He explained that the suspect was arrested by his men in Omogbolo hotel in Bukan Sidi while he was carrying out his mission to distribute the money. The Commissioner, however, said the suspect would be arraigned before a court for prosecution and warned those involved in such acts to desist from it. Speaking in an interview, the suspect said “I was travelling from Lagos and I was robbed on the road by armed robbers so I decided to come and meet my friend Mike in Lafia so that he can help me”. He added that ” while I was discussing with him on how to raise money, someone came and met me that if I can help him pass fake screen that I will have money and I went to meet him at the hotel to collect the thing before the Police arrested me”, he said.

from Echo http://ift.tt/2mqAgMW

NAIRALEAK Designed by Copyright © 2014

NAIRALEAK Designed by Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.